Best tuna steak you’ll ever taste. Don’t feed it to your cat or I will find you and things could get ugly.
- The Fish!
- 4 tuna steaks (6−8 oz. each)
- The Marinade!
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. sherry
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seed oil
- 1⁄4 cup scallions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 thin slices of fresh ginger, crushed
- The Wasabi Butter!
- 2 tbsp. wasabi powder
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
Stir together wasabi powder and orange juice.
Blend in butter, cilantro and salt.
Refrigerate until needed.
Whisk together vinegar, sugar, sherry, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and sesame seed oil until well-blended.
Add scallions, garlic and ginger; stir.
Tuna Steaks, Assemble!
Marinate tuna steaks for 20 minutes.
Grill over medium heat until desired doneness:
- Rare: 2 minutes on each side
- Medium rare: 3 minutes on each side
- Medium well: 4 minutes on each side
Top each steak with a slice of wasabi butter.
Serve with orange cucumber salad and rice cakes.