There’s nothing Fawlty about this sauce!
Not that Basil.
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 14 1⁄4 oz. can diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 2 tbsp. white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 lb. bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- Hot cooked pasta
In a saucepan, sauté the mushrooms, onions, and garlic in the oil. Add the tomatoes, wine, basil, and salt.
Bring to a boil, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Stir in the sausage and tomato paste. Heat through. Serve over pasta.