Pineapple and pork: A match made in heaven.
- Nā meaʻai:
- 2 tsp. oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1−1÷2 lb.)
- 1 each red and yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup Catalina dressing (any brand is fine, or you can whip up some yourself (see below)
- 1−1÷2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1−1÷2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chops; cook 5 min. on each side or until browned on both sides.
Add all remaining ingredients except rice; mix well. Bring to boil.
Stir in rice; cover. Cook on medium-low heat 5 minutes or until chops are done (160°). Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Catalina Dressing Recipe
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (or 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Stir everything together and pop it in the fridge for at at least so the flavors can blend.