- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups mango, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped green onion
In a large skillet, cook sweet peppers and onion in hot oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except vinegar and green onion. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until mangoes are tender. Stir in vinegar. Cool slightly.
Transfer to a food processer or blender. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth. Stir in green onions.
Brush sauce on smoked poultry.
Makes 2 cups.