All the king’s horses and all the king’s men can’t make this casserole. You’re on your own.
- 10 slices bread, crust removed and cubed
- 1 lb. browned sausage, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup grated Mozzarella
- 1⁄2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Half & Half cream, or whipping cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. Worcestershire
Grease a 9×13 casserole dish with shortening or butter.
Line bottom of dish with cubed bread. Add sausage over bread. Add cheeses.
Using a blender, mix eggs, milk, cream, salt, pepper and Worcestershire one at a time. Pour over the sausage and bread immediately.
Spray a sheet of foil with cooking spray and cover.
Refrigerate overnight to let the bread soak everything up.
Bake, covered, at 350° until the center is firm; about 45 minutes.
For Maximum Ossim:
Cut into squares and freeze; microwave to eat. Better than soggy microwave croissants!