Who knew the avocado’s sex life was so torrid?
- 11-oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄8 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
In a bowl, combine the oranges, onion, pecans, and pepper; refrigerate 30 minutes.
Just before serving, place greens in a salad bowl; top with orange mixture and avocado slices. Drizzle with dressing.
Makes 8 servings.