Not many people know this, but PO-TAY-TOES helped destroy Sauron!
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, no milk or butter added
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. minced chives
- 1 tbsp. minced parsley (fresh)
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. dried minced garlic
- 1⁄8 tsp. pepper
- Dash crushed rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp. canola oil, divided
In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Stir in cheese.
Heat 2 tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1⁄4 cupfuls into oil. Press lightly to flatten.
Cook in batches for 2–3 minutes on each side until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels.