MeatBALLS. With an “S.” As in more than one. MEATBALLS!
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 can (14−1÷2 oz.) beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup sesame dressing, divided
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 package (8 oz. each) wide lo mein noodles
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup halved snow peas
- 4 green onions, chopped (about 1⁄2 cup)
Mix cornstarch and broth until well blended. Add 2 tbsp. dressing, soy sauce, 1 tsp. five-spice powder, salt and crushed pepper; mix well.
Combine meat, bread crumbs and remaining dressing and five-spice powder; shape into 1‑inch balls.
Cook noodles as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook 10 minutes or until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove meatballs from skillet. Add carrots to skillet; cook and stir 4 min. Stir in snow peas and onions; cook and stir 1 minute.
Return meatballs to skillet. Stir in broth mixture. Bring to boil; simmer on medium heat 4 minutes or until meatballs are done (160º) and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Drain noodles. Add to ingredients in skillet; stir.
Substitute 1 lb. fettuccini or linguini for the noodles.